We just finished our new conference room for retreats and it’s perfect to use for your camp group during your next visit to Camp Wa-Ri-Ki!
- Gallery photos of Conference Room
- Details about the Camp Wa-Ri-Ki Conference Room
- Booking the Conference Room
- FAQ About Camp Wa-Ri-Ki
Our retreat Conference Room seats up to 60 people and there is also an attached bathroom available for attendees. We love how it turned out and know you will enjoy the ample seating, tables, and place to get away in between fun yet tiring camp activities. There is a private bathroom located just off the conference room area.
The conference room is perfect for small groups who are seeking to get away for planning and strategizing during their time at the camp. If the kids need a quiet place to read, the conference would also be the perfect place for them to go. You could also get creative and use the conference room for a camp counselor dessert party or a place for counselors to gather and relax after the camp kids have all gone to sleep.
Wedding parties who stay at the camp may also appreciate having a get together at the conference center or hosting a party where guests can bring gifts. You may even consider having a light dinner the night before the wedding!
Gallery of Camp Wa-Ri-Ki Conference Room
Our conference room is multi-functional and ideal for your camp groups’ needs. Click any pic to see slideshow:
Conference Room for Retreats Details:
- Room seats up to 60 people and includes attached bathroom
- Chairs and tables provided
- Rent the Conference Room separately for large groups — $150 per day.
- Small Retreat Pricing: Rent the Conference Room for smaller groups in conjunction with the Bunk House/Retreat apartment. For a small retreat, for example, rent either the retreat apartment with kitchen (table seats 8) for $150 per night (sleeps 10 in bunks) and/or the bunkhouse with small kitchenette and sofa area plus bunks for 16 for $240 per night. Then add the Conference Room at $150 per day. For a Friday Night, Saturday Night and Sunday retreat for 10 people, your cost would be $300 for two days use of the Conference Room, plus $150 x 2 ($300) for the Retreat apartment with kitchen. $600 for the weekend or $60 apiece. Contact the Camp Host for food arrangements and any other needs.
How to Book:
Check out availability dates for Camp on calendar at right. Conference room may be available even if the main camp is rented, so please double check availability by sending a request to our Camp Host.
FAQ About Camp Wa-Ri-Ki
Camp Wa-Ri-Ki Rental Availability Calendar:
Check out available dates on our rental calendar. In some cases, the Conference Room and Bunk Room / Retreat Center Apartment may be available even during days when the main camp is rented. Check with your Camp Host for availability details. Reach us by phone at: 360-837-3168.
Camp Wa-Ri-Ki, maintained by District 44 Kiwanis Clubs and other volunteers, is a forested recreational camp, located on the Washougal River in Skamania County, Washington. The camp is complete with a commercial kitchen, dining hall, gym, class/meeting rooms, dorms with bunk beds, indoor plumbing and recently remodeled hot showers. A Camp Caretaker/Host lives on the site year around and other Camp Staff may be working at the site during the year.
What are your Camp user fees?
- Reservation Fee: An off season reservation fee of $500 is required to hold a date. This will be applied to the overall cost of your stay. Reservantion fees are non-refundable. 50% of expected rental fees must be paid 90 days in advance. All fees subject to change without notice.
- Peak Season (June 1 thru August 31) — For dates requested between June 1st and September 30th, the cost is $750/night for the first 50 guests. $15/person for additional guests. There is a non-refundable deposit of $750 required. All fees subject to change without notice.
- Off Season (October 1 thru May 31) — For dates requested between October 1st and May 31st, the cost is $420/night for the first 35 guests $12/person for additional guests. We have some cost differences in the Winter months due to increased utility and maintenance fees, but you will find the Camp a great selection for a soothing retreat still at very affordable rates. Kitchen and large indoor gymnasium plus inside meeting areas for all weather situations (additional fees may apply -- check with Camp Host).
- GUEST Day Use Fees: There is $8.00 per person DAY USE FEE for guests of groups renting the Camp if those guests only stay for the day’s events and do not use the Camp to stay overnight.
- Retreat Center/Bunk House: The Retreat Center holds up to 10 in bunks and includes a kitchen and meeting/dining areas. The Bunk House sleeps up to 16 in bunks and features a smaller kitchenette and living area. Both have bathroom and shower facilities.Rent either the retreat apartment with kitchen (table seats 8) for $150 per night (sleeps 10 in bunks) and/or the bunkhouse with small kitchenette and sofa area plus bunks for 16 for $240 per night. Then add the Conference Room at $150 per day.
Example: For a Friday Night, Saturday Night and Sunday retreat for 10 people, your cost would be $300 for two days use of the Conference Room, plus $150 x 2 ($300) for the Retreat apartment with kitchen. $600 for the weekend or $60 apiece. All fees subject to change without notice.
- Conference Room: Room seats up to 60 people and includes attached bathroom. Chairs and tables provided. Rent the Conference Room separately for large groups — $150 per day.
- Amenities: In Winter, there will be an extra fee for Gym rental based on cost of heating and length of use — check with your Camp host. In addition we have a new conference room meeting space (maximum 60 people) available for rental at $30 per day.
- High speed internet/WiFi is available for limited data use with a fee of $20 per day. Data use is billed at $10/GB used.
- RV hookups are available with a fee of $15 per day for the duration of your stay. Includes water & electrical hook-up. Waste dump is available.
- Camp check in time is 3:00pm on date of arrival (Early arrivals must wait until your group contact/liaison and Camp Staff have completed the walk through inspection). Early check-in fee of $75/hour applies to all early check-ins. Camp check out time is 12:00pm on date of departure. (All members of your group must leave prior to this time) A walk through inspection should be completed by 11:30am by your group contact/liaison and Camp Staff. Late check out fee of $75/hour applies to all late check outs.
What are the total beds available?
The Camp can accommodate 200+ sleeping (Boys dorm has 63 beds in 3 rooms; Girls Dorms have 69 beds in 4 rooms; Staff/Counselor Rooms will sleep 12 in 6 rooms). There is a kitchen building bunk dorm room that will sleep 14. There are 8 distinct meeting areas, not counting outdoor spaces. The Retreat Center sleeps 10 and includes its own kitchen — it has an attached bunkhouse that sleeps 16. For an overview of our facilities, review and download our accommodations and amenities brochure.
How many outdoor group meeting areas are there?
Currently, in addition to the main campfire and stage area, there are 3 other outside group meeting places with seating and a deck off of the main dining room.
What Activities Are Available?
Groups and campers can pursue various outdoor activities in a natural setting with camp conveniences nearby. Enjoy a range of unplugged adventures, ranging from a simple nature walk to an extensive study of the environment. Hike or drive to the Washougal River Fish Hatchery (just 1 mile away) or the beautiful Dougan Falls (just 1/4 mile away). There is access to the Washougal River, but please be advised that the river is a protected habitat all along our property, so no fishing is allowed.
Can I rent the entire camp exclusively?
Yes. For an extra fee you may rent the entire Camp (up to 185 campers). Check our rental calendar for available dates. For an overview of our facilities, review and download our accommodations and amenities brochure.
If we only rent the Dorms (165 people), might there be other groups at the Camp at the same time?
Yes, this is possible. We have a resort like policy, where if a group does not rent the entire Camp another group may rent the Retreat Center or Lodge during the same calendar dates. Check our rental calendar for available dates.
Are pets allowed?
Camp WaRiKi prohibits guests from bringing animals on the premises. No pets. Service animals are allowed with certification/ documentation.
What is your alcohol policy?
As of March 2019, our policy is that for groups with insurance and an service permit, that beer and wine may be served with Camp Wa-Ri-Ki shown on your insurance policy as second insured party.
If alcoholic beverages will be served, five (5) requirements must be met:
- A Washington State Liquor Control Board Banquet Permit or Special Occasion License must be obtained by the renter or provided by the renter’s caterer, and a copy of the permit must be given to Vancouver UCC no later than one week prior to the scheduled rental. Please go to https://lcb.wa.gov/licensing/special-licenses-and-permits to apply for permits or licenses. Please be aware you need to complete this process well in advance of your event.
- A copy of your bartender’s current, valid Washington State Class 12 Mixology Permit or Class 13 Service permit card. Only bartenders with current, valid Washington State server licenses may serve alcohol of any kind.
- Liquor Liability Insurance is required in addition to the certificate of insurance
- Beer, wine, and champagne may be served (by the glass) and by a designated, licensed bartender. No mixed drinks or “hard alcohol” can be served. No exceptions.
- All alcoholic beverages and empty containers must be removed from the building before leaving.
Any set-up and clean-up done by the caterer or renter must take place within the rented time period. This also applies to the delivery and pick-up of cakes, flowers, music, and rental items such as decorations.
Does the Camp provide meals?
At this time, the Camp does not provide a meal service, though it is possible that catering may be arranged (speak with your Camp Host). Stay tuned (sign up for our newsletter) — we have a 5 year strategic plan in the works that includes recreational upgrades, new buildings and staffing that may include a Camp Cook.
What if we want to use other facilities at the Camp, like the Gym and the large Kitchen?
Retreat Center guests enjoy their own kitchen within their lodge, and may add other amenities like Commercial Kitchen, Crafts Area, Outside Tent Area, Media Meeting Room, Gymnasium & Sports field(s) —— only if a simultaneous large group has not reserved these. Check with your Camp host. In general, amenity use requires a small fee up charge. All Campers may take advantage of the scenic Dougan Falls recreation area just to the north of the Camp, and other nearby attractions like the fish hatchery, approximately a quarter mile south of the Camp.
Do you have Camp T-shirts available?
Yes. We have an online store where you may order T-shirts and sweatshirts in a variety of colors, starting at $12.95 each. A portion of the proceeds go to the Camp development fund.
I want to make a donation -- are you a registered non-profit?
Yes. And that means your donations are tax deductible. We are registered with the State of Washington as an organization eligible to receive tax-deductible charitable contributions. Our EIN number is 23-7293852 You may make a donation online securely.