Currently Camp Wa-Ri-Ki Board Positions open include:
- Treasurer – use your financial skills to help the Camp grow
- Vice President (usually requires previous board experience for the Camp)
- Board Member charged with operations oversight
- Board Member charged with development oversight (includes fundraising)
- Board Member(s) at large (two) – ideally this board member may also be supporting an allied organization like schools, churches, and clubs like Boys and Girls Club
- Student Board Member (from college or high school Kiwanis Club)
Each Board member will have a passion for serving youth and children and will agree to participate in the monthly Board of Directors Meetings and serve on at least one of the Camp Wa-Ri-Ki committees. Each Board member will be expected to actively engage in carrying out the strategic plan goals, participate in fundraising activities for the Camp, and attend Camp Wa-Ri-Ki Work Days.
Duties: As a working Board, each Board member will be expected to invest an average of ten (10) hours per month for Camp Wa-Ri-Ki activities. Each Board member will be required to donate financial support annually to the camp, according to their own individual capacity. By committing both time and financial support, the Board member will reflect their commitment to Camp Wa-Ri-Ki’s future. Providing an annual gift by each board member is very important — board members are better fundraisers when they know they have done their part.
Tenure: A student Board member will commit to a one (1) year term while adult Board members will commit to a two (2) year term with an option to request renewal of their board membership. At your option, you may decide to move from Board Member to be considered for Vice President, then President, followed by serving as immediate Past President, a service period of four years.
Applicant can apply online through our website: CampWaRiKi.com (use contact form) or mail a letter of interest (tell us your contact information, past Board experience, past non-profit experience, and what you would like to work on for the Camp), to:
Camp Wa-Ri-Ki , PO Box 18, Washougal, Wa. 98671.
Please submit a letter of interest with your application for more information about your experiences and interests helping children in our